In the press
- Cunningham, J. (2016, December 19). Promote Health. Reduce Waste. @theU
- 2017 Student Innovation @ The U (Vol. 2, p. 28, Publication). (2017). Salt Lake City, Utah: Lassonde Entrepreneur Institute.
- Mumford, J. (2017, August 9). How To Be a Student Entrepreneur Without Losing Your Mind.
- Potter, L. (2017, November 3). Humans of the U: Mohan Sudabattula. @theU.
- MacDonald, C. (2017, November 29). U Student Starts Non-Profit to Improve Global Health, Reduce Waste. Daily Utah Chronicle.
- Staff Reporter. (2018, February 8). University of Utah Student’s NGO ‘Project Embrace’ Helping to Reutilize Medical Braces. India West.
awards & Recognition
There are several ways to use the Banner area at the top of the page.
In a Page, Blog list, Events list, Product List, or Album page, you can create a large banner. Just upload a thumbnail image in Page Settings, and add your text to the Description field.
- Bolded text becomes a headline
- Links on the last line become buttons
- Learn more
Page Banner Slideshow
If you want a large banner slideshow on a Regular Page, place a Slideshow Gallery Block at the very top of the Page, before all other blocks.
As with page banners, putting bolded text or links in the description for each gallery slide will create Headlines and Buttons. Learn more.
Blog Featured Slideshow
Blog Item Banner
In a blog post’s item view, the post’s thumbnail will automatically appear in a banner at the top of the page, along with the post’s title and your chosen meta info. Learn more.
To create a moving banner image, insert a Slideshow Gallery Block at the top of a Regular Page and upload a video. Or you can upload a .gif under the Media tab in Page Settings. Learn more.
No Banner Area
If you prefer no banner, simply leave the thumbnail field blank, and no banner image will display.
Bedford features sidebars that appear in several situations:
- Folder navigation, on the left of any Regular Page inside a folder
- Category navigation, on on the left any Product list with categories
- Blog Sidebar, on the right or left side of Blog Pages and blog posts
You can choose to show the title of the folder or product collection. If you don’t want to show the sidebars, you can hide them entirely.
Bedford’s Index allows you to stack multiple Regular Pages on top of each other. Each Index Page supports all the banner options available to other Regular Pages in the site, including the page banner and slideshow banner.
The Index also features a fixed navigation, which appears after you scroll past the first page in the Index. This navigation is only available while browsing an Index.
A very special thanks to Jared Chambers for providing the beautiful photography featured in this template.